The iconic Westgate Hotel in downtown San Diego is providing a rooftop jazz application practically each Thursday evening throughout the summer.
The 6th Yearly Sunset Poolside Jazz Collection options a lineup of clean-jazz artists from throughout Southern California curated by area trumpet virtuoso Gilbert Castellanos.
The performances consider location from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. just about every Thursday but July 18, which is in the course of the chaotic 7 days of Comic-Con. No reservations are necessary, and tables are obtainable on a to start with-appear, very first-provide foundation.
“We’re proud to bring alongside one another top rated jazz artists for some fun, solar and soul at our Summer Poolside Jazz Sequence,” explained Tina Hingle, the hotel’s advertising manager. “Our rooftop is the great put to showcase the stars of Southern California jazz and offer you friends a exclusive city practical experience where by they can listen to a hot lineup and neat off in the summertime.”
Here’s the recent plan for the summer time series:
- June 20 — Dennis Gittens, an accomplished nearby vocalist with a sweet, soulful jazz design
- June 27 — Coral Macfarland Thuet, whose repertoire combines jazz and the audio of Latin The united states
- July 4 — The Ian Buss Trio, led by an accomplished saxophonist, guarantees a evening of dazzling jazz and showmanship
- July 11 — The Matt Hall Quartet, known for its prosperous appears and awesome vibes
- July 25 — The Steph Johnson Band, with the soul-jazz vocalist, guitarist and composer sharing her unique voice
- Aug. 1 — The Robert Dove Trio weaves jointly a variety of musical configurations to build a blissful, calming night
- Aug. 8 — The Holly Hofmann Trio capabilities the flute as a front-line instrument for equally the two classical music and jazz
- Aug. 15 — The Lorraine Castellanos Trio options the jazz chantress and classical guitarist both of those as an instrumentalist and vocalist
- Aug. 22 — Irving Flores, a giant of Latin piano who has appeared with quite a few jazz greats
- Aug. 29 — The Gilbert Castellanos Quartet, led by the master trumpeter and bandleader who curated the collection
- Sept. 5 — Besos De Coco, a duo who blend the austerity and grace of classical music with the improvisation and spontaneity of jazz
- Sept. 12 – Curtis Taylor, Grammy Award-successful trumpeter, generates a special blend of soulfulness, harmonic sensibilities and rhythm
A $25 food and beverage bare minimum for every individual applies for each celebration, and parking is offered for $10.
Westgate Resort Provides Rooftop Jazz on Thursday Nights During Summer was very last modified: June 19th, 2019 by
>> Subscribe to Moments of San Diego’s cost-free every day e-mail publication! Click in this article
Stick to Us: