News

Lightning strike starts Stratford attic fireplace

Lightning strike starts Stratford attic fire
Lightning strike starts Stratford attic fireplace


STRATFORD – Firefighters extinguished an attic hearth after lightning struck a Main Avenue household on Wednesday afternoon.

Deputy Main/ Hearth Marshal Brian Lampart reported a fast shifting thunder storm brought on lightning to strike a multi-household property on Most important Street. The strike ruined the chimney and began a fire in the attic house of 1790-1792 Major St.

“Under the command of Assistant Main Steve Alesevich and even with the complicated weather situations, the hearth was beneath manage and extinguished by the Stratford Fireplace Department within just 30 minutes of arrival with no documented injuries,” Lampart reported.

Nichols Hearth Office provided help with responding to other crisis calls in Town during this incident.



Source link

Connecticut comedy functions and movie star appearances

Previous article

Palestinian soccer head loses charm for ‘inciting hatred and violence’ towards Lionel Messi

Next article

You may also like

Comments

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in News